Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Welcome

Hi, welcome. You're invited to come on in and read excerpts of my quiet time with God.

I'm about fifty miles away from my comfort zone here. A little apprehensive and I suppose that is to be expected but I can't say that I am fearful. Not now, not today anyway.

Long before I created my other two blogs www.cherylwright.blogspot.com and www.cherylwrightwrites.blogspot.com, I toyed with the idea of starting a blog dedicated to sharing aspects of my faith and the lessons I learned during my morning devotions. I believe in my heart that God has been leading me to that but, well, I can be stubborn sometimes, as if I know better than God.

Thankfully, He does not send us down a path that He has not designed or equipped us to walk. We'd be doomed if He did.

I know that in my head but the channel from there to my heart gets blocked ever so often by "the cares of this life." And they take a while to manifest themselves in my life. I had the list of excuses for not starting the blog. Just two weeks ago, I wrote a post honouring my friend Sita and her brave heart. She really lays it all out there in the open. She bares her soul, her humanity and her mountain and valley experiences. Her posts are always a blessing to me even when God uses them to rebuke me. I also said that I could never do what she's doing. No way, not me.

I felt that if I shied way from one thing that God wanted me to do, that wouldn't be too bad if I joyfully did the others. But the other things were easier, required less emotional effort and fit in perfectly with my life and my writing career. They did not require me to expose my spiritual linens, if you know what I mean.

But when God speaks, we can run as far away as we dare, but we can't hide and no excuse will keep us safe from His will for our lives. Never.

During my quiet time with Him this morning, He broached the issue again. Maybe He had prepared my heart overnight because immediately I rose from the chair, clicked on the Blogger site and created this blog. It took me only a second or two to decide on the name. It was done.

Then I asked, "What now Lord?" His answer, "I'll give you instructions, just stay open, and obedient."

Whenever I am faced with a decision or a new circumstance and not sure how to proceed, I pray and work things through by writing in my journal.

I got clarity:

I had been accumulating material for a devotional book I want to write. Over two years of material was lost when everything on my computer disappeared into cyberspace in January. I was wasting time and God used the extreme to get my attention. With all my heart I believe that today He declared that the blog will be the portal for me to share what I have wanted to share in the devotional book. Maybe the book will still come but at lease here, I will be creating new material on the old truths of the Bible, how they impact my life – teaching, encouraging, rebuking and blessing me and in turn how it changes me molding me more into the image of Jesus Christ.

So, this is it then. I hope you'll visit often and share your musings and discoveries too.








2 comments:

Sita said...

With obedience comes blessing. I am blessed to call you friend. May His blessing overflow to all those who rest here a while.
Love, thoughts and prayers,
Sita

Cheryl Wright said...

Thank ou, dear, dear friend.