Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A blessing of assurance

This song by Josh Groban, is ringing in my ears. Because nothing is out of God's control, surely, He must have sent the memory of this song to lift and blest my heart.

You Raise Me Up

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

These lyrics never fail to engulf my soul in the assurance that He is mighty enough to raise me up when I fall, and strength me when I falter. So, even though I don't know why He brought it to my mind this evening, I surrender to His divine rule in my life and accept this blessing of assurance gratefully.

No comments: