Whenever I am at my lowest, you know those times. They come by far too often and linger for much to long. But when ever I am there I know, however distant He may seem, that God is not far away. In the midst of my struggling trying to keep my head above dark water, I try to keep my eyes on my Father. I know that the current of powerlessness and inadequacy is designed to remind me that my sufficiency is in Him and Him alone and that I have no power except the power of Christ working His blessed, sanctifying work in and through me.
I wonder too, why do I have to go through these periods? Why must being in close communion with God be so short-lived? It is me isn't it? I lose my way because I become preoccupied with my life, my responsibilities, my goals and other things.
Sometimes the thought that I am not alone, that other Christians, friends (on and off line) have admitted to this in their own lives is enormously comforting in that I am in the company of Christians working out their own salvation with fear and trembling and sometimes, failing miserably.
One person, one friend, one very dear, dear friend and her words always blows into my inbox or calls me to her blog, sent and directed by God, no doubt, to help me find my footing, offering me the edge of a rock to get a firm grip, or a branch to cling to.
Today, I got that call and with one click, I was handed the words to a song that never ceases to lift and bless my heart.
Listen here and you will understand why.
Sita and her heart-stirring posts have been blessing and encouraging readers ever since her first post. Her God-given gift to lay bare her heart and the reality of her daily Christianity in all of its raw and imperfect state helps to banish the fallacy of an easy-street Christianity and an ideal and perfect walk with our Saviour. Her honesty about her own inadequacies contrasted with her dependence on Christ is as real as you can get if you really aspire to have Christ save us from ourselves.
For, you see, more often than I care to admit, the devil is not my worst enemy; I am. Every day, I do battle with my own failings, my own tendencies to put everything else before Christ on my To Do list, my own sinful thinking that, God can wait, He'll understand.
Of course He understands; He is God. But He understands that I am but dust, mortal, finite, and very often, unchristian-like in my focus on myself, as opposed to Him and what He demands of me.
Thank you Sita my friend. Thank you for being so painfully open with your walk with Christ. I say painfully, because who finds it easy to bare their heart in such a manner day after day. I thank God for you and blessing you with the gift to share you life, your struggles and triumphs and lessons you learn at the Saviour's feet or in His lap as you frequently write.
Moreover, I thank God for never leaving me to languish in the valleys I wander into and consequently lose my way and my bearings. I thank God for administering spiritual anti-depressants found in His word and strategically placed among the words of others who battle with the same spiritual maladies.
God makes a way, always. He makes a way for me. He employs the hearts of His children to reach out to their sisters in Christ to rebuke and admonish them, help them along, lift them up and encourage their hearts with prayer, psalms and hymns and spiritual songs and open and honest testimonies of their own lives in Christ.
God made a way for me today.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
God always makes a way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a beautiful post, Cheryl, not because you mention me (I am humbled by that), but because you painfully bare your heart and reveal the beauty of a heart submitting to the Father. The darkness, the 'last straw' always summons His grace. Whatever you are going through right now, May His grace and protection hug you like a blankie. Love always, Sita
(By the way, the link to my blog that you have in this post should be to this address:
http://sitahenderson.blogspot.com/2008/07/god-will-make-way.html )
Thank you Sita. I've made the appropriate changes.
Post a Comment