Sometimes our hearts yearn for God to do grand things in our lives. We go from day to day with our trials and tribulations, major and minor troubles looking for the big blessings, shocking deliverances, over-the-top provisions and mega miracles. Of course we can’t limit God but by always looking for the gigantic manifestations of His goodness and power we often miss the simple, the small and the significant ways He works in our lives.
Do you have a moment? Can you recall a time when you were waiting for a larger-than-life response from God but instead, He responded in a way that was so simple and sufficient that you almost missed it?
You’re welcome to share your thoughts.




2 comments:
This reminds me of Elijah when he was waiting for God to reveal Himself in thunder, in a mighty earthquake....but God spoke instead in a whisper...
I believe that in our noise-saturated age, this is how we will hear from Him and it will require effort and even sacrifice for many of us from our tech devices...to get quiet deep down inside and just listen...
In many old bios of the saints, I see the huge divine interventions..God spoke loudly in that age..in the east He is speaking to people via dreams to reveal Himself...He reveals Himself according to His will, His wisdom, His knowledge of how we need to hear Him...
..and I need to hear Him now..so I must go...
take care, special friend..love you,
Sita
Sita: Thanks so much for your always insightful thoughts.
Post a Comment