Sunday, February 17, 2008

I get lost in prayer

There is a song that goes something like this:

I get lost, in your eyes.
And I feel my spirit rise...

As I read Sita's post Sita's Sanctum: Prayer...A domestic intercom? I thought of the times when I get lost in prayer and feel my spirit rise...

It's like going for a walk with my beloved and the conversation and sheer joy, comfort and security of being in His presence is so sweet that I keep going, lost in prayer. And often that's how it is when I surrender myself, unhurried, willing and open, to my quiet time with God. There is no room for boredom there.

You will see this quote at the end of Sita's post but I feel compelled to share it here:

"Most people pray 5 minutes because they find prayer boring. Whereas the truth is that they find prayer boring because they only pray five minutes."
Helmut Thielicke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,, I originally had "Cheryl Wright" on google alert, because it is one of my old friend's names. However, the alert often brings me to your writings. This is the first one I have read. It was really pretty. I really liked it. :) God bless, Rob Crandall--you can visit my blog at: http://peafant.wordpress.com

Cheryl Wright said...

Good morning Rob. Yes, there are many Cheryl Wright's out there.

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave a comment and I'm glad you liked my post.

i hope you have a great day.