I stumbled over my quiet time with God this past week, hurriedly giving Him whatever crumbs of time that was left over from my other duties. It troubled me but somehow, I couldn't pull myself out of the muddy hole I seemed to have slipped into. You know that hole that kind of sucks you in when you decide to do just one more thing before you sit down to spend time reading and praying.
I should have known better than to expect a productive week, when I chose to give priority to my earthly cares. I deprived myself of the joy and blessings to be found in giving Christ my first and my best. I was responsible for the listlessness that over-shadowed my days making every chore harder, more time-consuming and more tiring.
I'm sure I grieved my Father this week, and in so doing, I did a grave disservice to myself.
This evening though, I sat with Him in humble submission and pleaded for His forgiveness. I really want to be like His Son, my Savior who put His relationship with God the Father before all else.
As our time ended the following words from a hymn rose in my heart;
Oh to be like thee, blessed redeemer,
This is my constant, longing and prayer.
Gladly I'll forfeit, all of earth's treasures
Jesus thy perfect likeness to wear.
Oh to be like thee, oh to be like thee.
Blessed redeemer, pure as thou art.
Come in thy sweetness, come in thy fullness,
Stamp thine own image, deep on my heart.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
I gave Him the crumbs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Been there, done that, been there, done that, been there, done that...get the pic?..I used to wonder at the Israelites treatment of God...I don't any longer..just need to look at the mirror and wonder why God abides with me...Oh, love that wilt not let me go...keep on keeping on, sis..love ya..Sita
Thanks my dear friend. I know I am never alone in my experiences but still it always helps when a friend puts a virtual hand on my shoulder and says, "Been there, done that..keep on keeping on...".
Post a Comment