Some days my thoughts are scattered - all over the place and it is difficult to linger on any one thought for too long. The only way I can describe it is to say that my mind seems to have lost its elasticity. It is slack and my thoughts, some important, urgent, precious, worrisome, jingle inside, knocking up against one another. Some of them fall over the sides and get lost as I make a mental scramble to gather them together and focus on one thought at a time.
As I sat with God this morning, my inability to keep my thoughts straight and focused was more pronounced than usual. I knew the only thing to do was pray.
At first my words resembled the confusion in my head. Unrelated thoughts and concerns poured out in the same jumbled mess - one after the other, two mixed together, some repeated themselves, new ones popped up, (from where I didn't know).
Foolishly I thought that God might also be confused and I tried to explain it to Him.
That's when I felt it - the gentle wash of assurance. He, the omniscient One, was on top of it. He knew, He understood. I had only to rest in this assurance and pour out my heart, confused thoughts, tears and all. And it was in those moments that He strengthen the looseness of my mind and helped me focus and pray about one thought, one concern, one person, one situation at a time.
I emerged from this time with God with a peace that only comes from complete surrender. I've experienced it many times before. It's a glorious peace that only He can give and He washed me with it today.
There comes to my heart some sweet strain,
A glad and a joyous refrain.
I'll sing it again and again
Sweet peace, the gift of God's love.
Peace, peace, sweet peace.
Wonderful gift from above.
Oh wonderful, wonderful peace.
Sweet peace, the gift of God's love.
Monday, March 3, 2008
When my mind is loose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Cheryl, thank you for stopping by today and leaving me such a thoughtful comment. Your thoughts touched a deep chord and was anointed. Thnak you, sweet sis..
Love, Sita
Post a Comment